Below are some of my favorite sites for buying cheap domestic or international airline tickets.
Compare airline prices by checking out all the prices and dates on all (or most) of the web sites before buying. This is how I compare prices and get the best deals. It may take a few minutes or hours, but in return I saved a lot of money.
Top discount sites
Tips to get the cheapest airline tickets and getting there on time
- Don’t procrastinate, don’t wait till the last week or day before doing your search. Book as soon as you can. I usually book 2-3 months ahead and I usually get better deals.
- Book flights during off-peak times. I like to travel to Thailand in the Spring (Feb – June), I avoid buying airline tickets during the Winter from September to December.
- Pack smart with security in mind. Remember you no longer can bring liquid in the air planes.
- Arrive at the airport early and check in early to avoid long line ups.
- Dress for success to navigate security.
- Don’t forget your photo ID, passport and other identifications.
Do you like this article?