Bangkok (BKK) to Pattaya
If you’re traveling internationally by air into Thailand, you would have to land at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
Once you arrive and have checked out at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport, head down to the lowest level of the airport where you will find multiple bus and taxi booths.
There are two options to travel to Pattaya from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport:
- Get a private taxi to go straight to Pattaya and straight to your hotel.
Cost around 1,200-1,500 baht.
- This is my prefered method if you’re not in a rush or want a cheaper deal. Grab the hourly bus, it will drop you off in Pattaya and you will have to grab a taxi to your hotel.
Cost for the bus is 120 baht and the cost for a taxi to your hotel will depend, but usually between 100-200 baht.
Already living or staying in Bangkok? See below…
There are three options to travel to Pattaya if you’re already in Bangkok:
- If you live near the airport, head to Suvarnabhumi Airport and catch a taxi or a bus to Pattaya.
Price is above.
- Ask a local meter taxi for a flat rate to Pattaya.
The prices should be around 1,000 to 1,500 baht. I would avoid anything costing more than that.
- Go to Ekamai Bus Station, which have buses serving the eastern part of Thailand, including Pattaya.
Price, not sure as I never used it, but I would assume about 100 to 300 baht.
Pattaya to Bangkok (BKK)
You have many options once you’re in Pattaya to get back to Bangkok or Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
- Pattaya Bus Terminal in North Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi International Airport. The price is 250 baht.
Pattaya to Airport
6AM, 9AM, 11AM, 1PM, 3PM, 5PM, 7PM
- Check out the taxi booths in Pattaya, they are everywhere.
The price ranges from 400 baht for a share mini van, upto 1,200 baht for a private taxi to the airport.
- Some hotels include in their package a private taxi back to Bangkok.